[lug] Fedora on a slab

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Wed Feb 24 16:01:36 MST 2021

On 2/24/21 3:05 PM, Steve Sullivan wrote:
> Why not install your own Fedora on top of whatever ships with
> the laptop you like?  You'll have to do upgrades anyway as time goes
> on.

I have had good luck with the Dell machines that ship with Ubuntu. I've
run them with Ubuntu and that was OK. They also run Fedora perfectly well.

The last Dell laptop I bought was just the Windows 10 version. It works
fine except for the fingerprint reader, and I don't feel as if I am
missing much.

--
                 Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                         Study Hard -- Be Evil