[lug] Wiki server suggestions for small organization

Dan Mackin dan.mackin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 18:02:05 MST 2021

I agree with Davide that with Google Drive, if there's no structure to
shared drives and permissions aren't managed, it can get unwieldy quickly.
That said, with some planning and management of Drive, it can be used
effectively... but someone does have to "own" it. I currently do this as a
volunteer for a non-profit and it's not without its hiccups but I feel like
it has moved the org in a positive direction... but I may be biased as it
was my idea. ;)

Also, Google Drive is just one component of Workspaces (f.k.a. G Suite) and
I think it'd be worth exploring the "Sites" service that is included as a
potential solution. I've not used it myself but I have seen other orgs use
this as an internal wiki to varying degrees of success. If you do decide to
go down the Google Workspaces path, as a non-profit you can get a
"Workspaces for Non-Profits" license for free... though it does take some
hoop jumping!

https://www.google.com/nonprofits/offerings/workspace/#!#workspace-pricing
-Dan