[lug] Wiki server suggestions for small organization

Scott Kruger kruger at txcorp.com
Thu Mar 11 22:03:37 MST 2021

Here is an idea for something a bit different:
https://www.getlektor.com/

Lektor, started by Armin Ronacher who also started Flask, is a static
webpage CMS system.  What sets it apart from other static website
generators (e.g., Pelican or Jekyll) is that it has a built-in web admin
interface as well as a built-in editor for generating content.

The reason why the static webpage generated is important is that it
makes deployment somewhat easier (because security is easier):
https://www.getlektor.com/docs/deployment/
and specifically you can leverage github or gitlab pages.

I'm not sure that this will be easy enough for your users -- I
investigated this and went with Pelican so haven't worked through the
deployment issues-- but it's possible that this could be a nice looking,
free solution.  It looks more like a blog than a Wiki, but to me that's
a good thing  (really, organization is important so categorizing things
from the start makes things better).

Scott

Oe 2021-03-11 15:45, Davide Del Vento did write: