[lug] Wiki server suggestions for small organization

Matt Bidwell mbidwell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 06:16:58 MST 2021

On 3/11/21 8:25 PM, Maxwell Spangler wrote:

> * It's free to get started and for a personal project, it works very
> well.  Limit to 10 users, one site, no page permissions, no anonymous
> access, community support and a 2G file storage limit.
>
> * If you want to work with a team and have more admin controls or
> produce pages that might be anonymously available for readers, you have
> to upgrade to a paid version
>
> * The paid version is $5 per person, so with a small team of 5-10 users
> that $25-50/month who can create and maintain documents but I believe
> all others can read documents.  For small orgs with small admin teams
> that want to share content publicly, this seems like a pretty good option.
>
> * I has good mobile apps and I use the web version to create content but
> the iPad app to read it when I want to study away from a keyboard.
>
> * I have zero effort for install, upgrades, backups, internet access,
> security, etc.
>
> Cons:

My initial reaction to the start of the thread was Atlasian Confluence,
which is cloud hosted sounds, like it fits bill, so just backing up what
Maxwell is saying. They also have a 'Free for Non Profit' option....
However I couldn't find any updated terms on that since they went to
their cloud only option. Might be worth checking with Atlasian.
-Matt