[lug] Past Buzzwords, Re: Wiki server suggestions for small organization

Maxwell Spangler lists at maxwellspangler.com
Fri Mar 12 11:17:07 MST 2021

Remember the things we used to say all the time?

WYSIWYG is one of those and I screwed it up

"Open Systems"
"client-server"
"mission-critical"
"Public domain software"
"shareware"
"32-bit" as a positive CPU attribute
"zero wait states"
"double density"

Client-server is fun for me to remember because its a bridge word
between the time when our computers were standalone running programs on
their own and the now-time where we're always connected and so many
things are a REST API call away.

--
Maxwell Spangler