[lug] (Raspberry Pi) media center control?

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 13:10:47 MDT 2021

> I'd like to have some sort of computer attached to my stereo for playing
> > some music, mostly audio files which my piano teacher sends me
>
> Another idea is using a bluetooth DAC to connect your phone to your stereo
> system.

Yes, I thought about that, and included in my list, linking the first
device I could find on amazon about that.

But I know nothing about that, besides that I once used a wireless
(probably bluetooth) headset with a very old Android Phone.

Is bluetooth DAC the same as sending bluetooth audio to a receiver, or is
it different? Google does not clarify.
Wikipedia mentions A2DP as bluetooth audio, and nothing as bluetooth in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital-to-analog_converter

That would work, has anybody tried it? Suggestions for hardware or software?
Does anything similar exist for the phone screen, so I can be spared of the
HDMI cable too? Or is that too much bandwidth?

If you still want to use a Pi for storing your files, then maybe you could
> use Shoutcast or something like that to stream over your home network to
> your phone, possibly even in a web browser, with the bluetooth DAC as the
> audio target.

I see. That still seems overkill to me as the other suggestions.
Perhaps I can instead use the Pi just to store the files and access them
from the phone over the home network, without doing the streaming part.

Thanks!
Davide