[lug] Colo hosting service

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Aug 2 15:11:52 MDT 2021

I need to find a new home for my colo.  I see hostwinds, liquid web, a2
hosting and inmotion recommended in a few online articles.  I also have
domain management through Midphase/THG which also offers dedicated
servers.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these or any other
recommendations?  I'm looking for basic hardware (4cpu/8 core, 8-16GB
memory, 1TB storage, OS of my choice, 10TB bandwidth, 1 IP) where I
manage most things except
1. They manage security updates
2. They manage my mail server

The latter is cuz I know next to nothing about managing mail servers.
But I handle web services, ipsets/iptables, users, DNS, logwatch, etc.

I don't need cpanel.  And I need sudo/root access.

--
Michael J. Hammel
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
michaelhammel at acm.org