[lug] HD fail?

Andrew Diederich andrew at NETdelivery.com
Wed Dec 8 09:57:10 MST 1999

Every piece of that box is old.  It is a P166, 64 MB ram, and I have no idea
how old the SCSI drives or the controller are.  Hey Loseke, do you remember?
It was a kickin' box in it's day, though.  Like I put in a previous post,
the last time an OS was put on it, it was Red Hat 4.0.  Do you have any idea
how hard it is to find updated RPMs for Red Hat 4.0????  *grin*

Yup, that box is about the longest worker in my company.  The only thing
that might have been around longer is our test web server, which is a 486
that had 8 MB ram until a few months ago, when my boss donated another 12 MB
from a box in his house.  I had been using that 486 for years to test new
website pushes and never guessed how little RAM it had.

For the curious, I did an uptime on the now-dead linux box two days ago:
[andrew at tango]$ uptime
  4:52pm  up 119 days,  5:42, 11 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

-Andrew
andrew at netdelivery.com