[lug] eth0 and 6.1

Jeff Howell howeljs at louisville.stortek.com
Thu Jan 6 15:25:05 MST 2000

Mike Loseke wrote:

> Thus spake Jef Vratny:
> >
> > I've got it set up with a static IP and th NIC is a 3COM Etherlink III
>
>  Is it one of those combo cards? You might have to use the 3com diskette to
> force it to use the twisted pair port (assuming that's what you want)
> instead of the AUI or other connector.

I just happened to be reading the 3com docs under /usr/src/linux/Documentation/network
the other night for troubleshooting a 3c905b problem. there are options you can put on the command line when loading the module to
force a specific interface, duplex, or 10/100 speed. might want to take a look at it.

--
 Jeff Howell
 EDS Unix Support

  A computer without a Microsoft Operating System is like a dog without
  bricks tied to its head.