[lug] no fun with the sun

Harris, James A (Jim) HarriJA at LOUISVILLE.STORTEK.COM
Tue Jan 25 17:13:21 MST 2000

Also - now that I had a failed install the Sun tries to boot off the hdd
and gets into a Stack underflow eternal loop.  Is there a magic key
stroke that allows me to direct it to booting from disk again?

>> I think you can hit 'stop' and 'a' at boot and then type 'boot floppy' at
the prompt.  It works with my Sparc 5, but I'm definitely no Sun expert.

One final note: It is amazing how large these Linux installations have
grown.  520 MB can't hold a RedHat installation with X anymore.  Even NT
with everything selected is only around 300 MB.

>> Hehe, NT _was_ under 300, you'll be pleasently surprised (right...) to
find out that Win2000 can occupy over 600 outa the box.  Awwwe... they musta
got jealous.  :)