[lug] Xterm and Linux

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Tue Jan 25 18:25:23 MST 2000

you might want to make sure that you are using an xterm and not kvt (ps
-u <your username> should help).  I seem to remember having read that
kvt had some security problems and I have had problems with it in
general.

also, you can try doing something like

setenv TERM vt100 in your .cshrc or
export TERM vt100 in your .bashrc or .profile (can't remember which).

post again if that doesn't work.

Hugh