[lug] ttySx - ppp woes with cdpd modem

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Nov 8 21:10:05 MST 2000

I recall seeing something similar a very long time ago. I wish I could
remember the exact problem and solution; about all I remember is I
solved it with a setserial command to the port, that used the skip_test
option. If you know exactly what that port should be set to (check
current settings via setserial -a on the ttySx), try running setserial
on it to specify the minimum info you can, along with skip_test option.
A sample of minimum info would be the uart (probably uart 16550A), a
base address, and an irq. This might not help at all, but the setserial
command will be ignored at the next reboot anyway, so it won't hurt. If
your modem is PCI based, you can probably get more info on it via lspci
and /proc/pci.