[lug] DSL Service Providers

Anders Knudsen andersk at uswest.net
Sun Jan 7 11:47:14 MST 2001

> On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 01:55:18AM -0700, HEROLD wrote:
> >I currently use CU as my provider but they do not give static IP's, and I
> >have need for remote access without wondering what my IP is going to be.
> >Can anyone vouch for their service with regard to latency, downtime, etc.?

Check out this site:
http://www.dslreports.com/

You can sift through reviews, some being total bc, but it's a great
place to find out who is servicing in *your* zip code area.
I'm about to go with MegaPath DSL myself. Problems I ran into is
that my house is behind a fiber switch, so ADSL won't work. I'm
going to have to go with the more expensive SDSL. :/

-anders.