[lug] Gnome problem

cool at lwn.net cool at lwn.net
Wed Feb 7 06:04:57 MST 2001

This was quite interesting.  On my PC, following the ~/.gnome/session
file makes perfect sense.  I can switch from enlightenment to sawmill
and all references to enlightenment disappear from the ~/.gnome/session
file.  Switch back to enlightenment and all references to sawmill
disappear.  Makes sense, right?

On the laptop, the ~/.gnome/session file currently references *both*
sawmill and enlightenment.  Sawmill was supposedly the default
(according to the Gnome Control Center).  I switched from Sawmill
to Enlightenment and the ~/.gnome/session file *still* references
both window managers.  Running save-session in an xterm made no
difference.

Comparing package versions (both the PC and the laptop are running
versions of KRUD based on Red Hat 6.2), the only relevant difference
I saw was that the laptop is running enlightenment 0.16.4, where
the PC is running enlightenment 0.15.5.  The versions of the base
gnome packages are the same.

Liz Coolbaugh