[lug] [OT] Solaris device names

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Wed Feb 14 18:09:22 MST 2001

With a little help from another list member... offline.... I was able to
find what i think are the Solaris device names. But it's still throwing
me because of two things... could someone lend a kind word :}?

It appears that Sun changed the device names for NICs several times from
2.x to 8. So what are the current device names? I've seen. hme0, dlan0,
lan0, and le0 (for the first card of course).

When I boot with a new card it's config'ing it (completely I think), or
atleast it's bring up the config window and listing an "ethernet
controller". But ifconfig -a isn't showing anything. And it's not
creating a hostname.whatever file. prtconf -D isn't returning anything
that resembles a card.

driver names: pci-ide, ata, cmdk, and sd.

The driver is a DFE530TX and I've also tried a via-rhine.

Anyone know what I can do to find out if this is config'd and/or why i
can't see it?

Thanks,

John