[lug] wireless lan problems

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Feb 15 21:50:59 MST 2001

In the latest pcmcia stuff, I believe most wireless drivers are using
the new "wireless.opts" file.

I have a working config on another laptop (I'm on the wrong one right
now at the Internet Cafe! eeek.) that works perfectly under Debian.  If
RedHat's latest PCMCIA source has been changed to understand the new
files, I could post my config that does both WEP and DHCP properly with
the wvlan_cs driver and a Lucent WaveLan/Orinoco Gold card.

If someone's interested, I'll post it.

(I even helped someone else with it a while back and didn't want to
share my WEP secrets with them -- obviously -- so I have a file in my
home dir on the other laptop called wireless.opts.clean ... heh heh.)

I *did* have to rebuild PCMCIA to get the latest-and-greatest wvlan_cs
driver when I got it working though...

Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>