[lug] redhat down?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Mar 29 18:30:45 MST 2001

John Hernandez wrote:

> I was able to navigate all the way down to ftp://updates.redhat.com/6.2/en/os/i386/ just 20 seconds ago.
>
> My traceroute goes through att.net to attens.net.

I'm finding that if I use a program that allows me to select directory
from the start, I can get there and read it. However, the directory
structure has changed, and RH update notices I recently received are no
longer accurate links. The "en/os" part is new, and using ls causes it
to fail in the lower directories. Very strange. Did you log in with ftp
manually and do combinations of "ls" and "cd" to get there? If I use ls
from the root of public ftp I might as well kill it and start over, it
won't go any further after that. There must be some sort of rearrangment
going on.