[lug] Disabling network probing

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Thu May 3 09:14:55 MDT 2001

There's a couple of ways to approach this.  First of all, you can bi-directionally filter commonly attacked ports (ie TCP/111, 2049, 515, 513, 137-139) at your edge router/firewall.  Secondly, you can use an IDS like Snort with strategic sensor placement to alert you of scanning activities (inbound and outbound).

-John