[lug] talking to a 10.x.x.x box

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Jun 12 03:58:47 MDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 12:42:47AM -0600, D. Stimits wrote:
>Maybe if he did a traceroute to your machine, the first address after
>the 10.x.x.x non-routable would be the gateway/dsl hardware.

That'll only show you the address on the DSL hardware's ethernet interface,
which is probably 10.0.0.1.  Not very helpful...  Connecting to the router
and asking it, or simply connecting to the friends machine and checking the
logs for the IP should work.

Sean
--
 We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
                 -- Oscar Wilde