[lug] Monitor tuning

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Fri Oct 19 21:38:11 MDT 2001

>>>>> "Gary" == Gary Hodges <Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov> writes:

Gary> Not Linux specific, but can anyone recommend a person/company
Gary> around Boulder that does tuning on high end CRT monitors?

i had a particularly good experience with the Sony service shop in
south Aurora; my monitor (a Sony Multiscan 20se) was flashing an error
condition at me.  they claimed a flat 200$ fee (for fixing pretty much
anything but the tube), but they replaced the faulty IC for free.

not sure how they'd handle non-sony monitors, however.

as an aside, i wrote a little utility to help me see certain monitor
flaws more clearly (particularly color convergence, although aspect
ratio, trapazoid, pincushion, and rotation are all testable with it).
it just draws a grid of white lines on a black background, and quits
when it sees the "q" key being pressed.  source with makefile and a
binary that works on (at least) redhat 6.2:

   http://slinky.scrye.com/~tkil/src/xcalib.tar.gz

t.