[lug] ISP for antispam recommendations?

LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Wed Mar 27 08:23:58 MST 2002

I don't have an ISP recomendation, but a friend of mine was battling the same
problem.  He found the following (pay) service on the Net.  As I understand it,
you can setup any number of e-mail addresses that you can then send to friends
to use to send you e-mail.

He says then he can tell which e-mail address was "accidentally" forwarded to a
spam list.  Apparently, when we all forward jokes around, some people collect
all the addys on the joke "list" and sell them.  He also said that this service
has a pretty robust spam filtering system.  Then, he just has all the mail
forwarded to one mail account of his choosing, we don't know what that is:

http://www.mailshell.com/mail/client/fd.html?ref=mysticbeach

I think they have a free service (if you don't mind ads).  When you pay for the
service all the ads go away.

Viggy

     This message was sent from Peak to Peak Internet.
 DSL - V.90 modems - Web Hosting and Business connectivity
          Please visit!  http://www.peakpeak.com
                    (888)-600-PEAK