[lug] Scrolling in KDE

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Fri May 16 20:19:23 MDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 10:58, Peter Hutnick wrote:
<snip>
> PS: I'm still looking for an RF wireless, buckling spring, 101 (or 105 or
> whatever) keyboard with a trackpoint between the G, H, and B keys.  If
> anyone sees one, let me know.

Someday I want to try this hack, but the fact no one else seems to have
done it scares me.  You'd think there'd be a way to convert a wired
keyboard to an RF wireless (via cannibalization or the like).  The
problem, of course, would be the trackpoint...

Have you ever asked Unicomp (http://www.pckeyboard.com) if they can do
it?  They already make a trackpoint buckling spring keyboard, and they
do do custom jobs.  Of course, they don't offer an RF wireless, only IR,
so they may not have the expertise to do that.  (Their Linux 101
keyboards with Ctrl in the Caps Lock space always intrigued me.)

I think I'll send an e-mail to Dan of dansdata.com about this.  He's an
unabashed lover of the old M-type keyboards
(http://www.dansdata.com/ibmkeyboard.htm).
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good