[lug] Too long to fix bugs?

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Wed Nov 12 09:39:46 MST 2003

Any Microsoft comparison will need to be specific about what they are
comparing to.  Right now they are mostly fighting RedHat and SuSE
enterprise
products.  I don't know about RH - but even the SuSE consumer updates
arrive
very quickly.  Most of the critical problems are fixed within the day.
So
those of us who are subscribed to the security announcements list get
updates
way quicker than I have every seen them from M$.

Fedora is at this point a new project and can't be considered a valid
candidate for this comparison.  We will need to give the Fedora folks
at least
a few months to get their project oiled and started.

Ferdinand

--On Tuesday, November 11, 2003 02:57:40 PM -0700 The Matt

--
Ferdinand Schmid
Architectural Energy Corporation