[lug] Direct port access using newer dosemu

William Petty billpetty at adelphia.net
Mon Aug 9 21:04:05 MDT 2004

When I moved from Suse 7.2 to 8.2 the newer dosemu will no longer
directly access the parallel port.  I have read the howto files and made the
recommended changes. $ports = "range 0x378,0x37f" in dosenu.conf.

I have also tried executing as root and the alternate LPT addresses with
no luck.

My application is a PAL / EPROM programming unit that DOS based and
interfaces via the parallel port.   Has anybody got direct access to work?
William Petty    LSI Logic                            Phone:  (719) 533-7461
                                                                        FAX:
(719) 533-7480
                            4420 Arrowswest Dr.
                            Colorado Springs, CO 80907