[lug] isolinux splash screen

Stephen Queen svq at peakpeak.com
Wed Sep 29 14:09:08 MDT 2004

I have been playing with syslinux/isolinux. I am trying to
figure out how to generate a splash screen. The
documentation seems very clik (clear if known). I seem to be
able to create the .pnm. I then run the script ppmtolss16
and get the .rle. I can run the opposite script lss16toppm
and look and see that the file looks just as I want it to.
But when I burn a CD and then boot it, I get one solid
color, rather than the splash I expected.

Does anyone know of a good tutorial ( other than the docs
that are included with syslinux) that explains this better?

Stephen Queen