[lug] Voice Recognition

Gordon Golding gordongoldin at netscape.net
Tue Jan 4 12:19:43 MST 2005

>>>>>From: "Steve Sullivan <Steve Sullivan" <sullivan at mathcom.com>
Subject: [lug] Voice recognition, DVR
We need to automatically transcribe single person speech.
Is anyone using voice recognition software on Linux?
Now that IBM dropped the Linux versions of both ViaVoice and
Speech for Java, what systems have people found useful?
Also, what DVR (digital voice recorders) have you found work with Linux?
Many thanks,  Steve

We are using our own package called Sonic, here at the Center for Spoken Language Research.

Who are you guys and what do you need it for?  I can ask what the policy is for letting other people use it.
--
Gordon Golding
aka Golding the Younger DH70
gordongoldin at netscape.net