[lug] A challenge...

Brian Rodriguez brianr01 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 10:47:28 MDT 2005

I'm no expert on GRUB installation, but that message is typically what the BIOS
gives you if there is nothing in your master boot record (LBA 0 on the hard
drive). When I have done RedHat installs using GRUB, I don't remember seeing
any options to NOT write to the MBR, but if such an option exists it could
cause this problem. The other thing that comes to mind if you have multiple
hard drives in the system, is that the drive that GRUB is installed to is not
the one that the BIOS wants to boot from.