[lug] mandriva 10.2 limited edition 2005

Michael Belanger mrb at ciclops.org
Wed Aug 31 09:41:30 MDT 2005

On Wed, August 31, 2005 9:09 am, Michael Hirsch said:
> Hugh,
>
> I'm glad you found the extra urpm site. Even though the release came on 6
> CDs, it seems like there are still a few critical rpms on the net, only. I
> don't know why they do that--sometimes I think that they just forgot to
> put
> them on the CD.

That was what really turned me off to debian.  I spent a week downloading
umpteen cd images, burned them all, and it STILL had dependency issues.
Debian is good -- once you do get it installed and working.  I have yet to
successfully get a running gentoo install -- and I really wanted it to
work.
Too bad my desire didn't just will it to work.  I imaging Gentoo, once
initially installed, is pretty slick.  Its a shame.

So, sigh, I had to go back to Fedora and their brief lifecycles and their
vanilla i386 builds.  argh.