[lug] Request/bug tracking systems--suggestions for small team

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Feb 15 18:17:25 MST 2008

Sean Reifschneider wrote:
[...]
> This means it's VERY customizable, if you are familiar with Python and
> have the time to do what you want to do.  The sample tracker is good.

So given that the first time I set it up I'll do it badly, how hard is
it to rework in a way that doesn't disconnect you from existing data?

I've seen a bug tracker that lets you build your own life-cycle (states
and transitions).  Then when you want to change the life-cycle the old
bugs stay in the old life-cycle.  Me, I'd rather have something put
together by people who know more about it than me and was close enough.

But it sounds cool if you can spare the time to tinker.

Dave