[lug] PCI video card that "just works" with FC10?

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Fri May 1 08:12:43 MDT 2009

I was always careful to use free software drivers for my video cards,
and it wasn't always easy.  The old standby for the longest time was
the Radeon 9250.  As long as you aren't doing action games, and if you
can find one, then I would recommend it -- it is extremely likely to
Just Work.

A couple of years ago I needed a new video card and was sad to find
out that my motherboard wouldn't accept my old 9250 -- no AGP slot!
So I did a little research and bought a Radeon HD 2400 Pro.  I've had
a few problems with it, partially because I'm using a 64-bit kernel
instead of 32-bit.  It is workable, but currently I still can't use
the DVI cable so I have to suffer the distortions of using an analog
cable.

Regards,

Zooko