[lug] Anyone else hate to get rid of old equipment?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Jun 9 16:47:25 MDT 2010

On 6/8/2010 2:15 PM, Carl Wagner wrote:
> Could someone explain this chart to me?
> http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/img/climate/research/ushcn/ts.ushcn_anom25_diffs_urb-raw_pg.gif

Can't explain your specific station, but these folks have given some
good examples over time of how busted the "adjusted" USHCN data is.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/02/26/contribution-of-ushcn-and-giss-bias-in-long-term-temperature-records-for-a-well-sited-rural-weather-station/

Have fun with it... I'm not debating on this one, just throwing you some
interesting info about USHCN data...

Biased up, biased down... whatever... it's not the raw data, and people
base most larger scale projects off of it.  Garbage in, Garbage out.

No offense to anyone at NOAA.  I'm sure they're trying hard to figure
out how to properly account for man-made environmental changes around
these measuring devices.

Nate