[lug] Star Office Installation

Ian S. Nelson nelson_ at ibm.net
Fri Sep 17 14:06:51 MDT 1999

David Outteridge wrote:

> I have just completed installation of Star Office, which I downloaded
> from Sun at no cost (yet=:).  The installation appears to be successful
> - it comes up and looks good - but I ran into the following problem
> which raises a number of questions.  Any comments about better ways to
> configure my system will be appreciated.

This isn't an answer to your question but does the new free version from
Sun contain more components than the old free version from Stardivision?
I haven't seen a pricing policy on the professional version since sun
bought it so I would hope they started including the few components the
pro version had in the normal version.

Thank,
Ian Nelson