[lug] Mouse problems in X

John Edwards harkerii at sprintmail.com
Sun Oct 3 14:35:28 MDT 1999

	I've been trying to upgrade to the newest distro's of Linux, Redhat and
Mandrake versions 6.  Everything seems to work ok, except my mouse X.
	I'm using a Microsoft Intellimouse.  When I start up X, the first movement
of the mouse sends it to an upper right-hand corner, usually opening up
drop-down menus along the way.
	I've tried setting it to the Intellimouse, Microsoft Compatible and PS/2
mouse settings in xf86config (which I generally find best for setting up X)
and each does the same.
	The mouse works fine in console mode.
	I've checked at RedHat's site, but found nothing indicating a fix for this.
	Has anyone else experienced this?  Has anyone fixed it?
	Just a note, I can get Caldera to run, but I haven't been able to figure
out how to re-compile the kernel from Caldera (make menuconfig, etc doesn't
seem to exist) and this is my next step in learning Linux (I've recompiled
one working kernel.  Now, to trim it down some more...)

	Thanks in advance.

John
Nine megs for the secretaries fair, Seven megs for the hackers scarce
Five megs for the grads in smoky lairs, Three megs for system source;
         One disk to rule them all, One disk to bind them,
    One disk to hold the files, and in the darkness grind 'em.