[lug] question about dhcpd & dhcpcd

arnie asherman1 at uswest.net
Sat Nov 6 11:04:32 MST 1999

I have managed to get rid of the IRQ conflict I was having between the soundcard
and the ethernet card by loading the sb module w/ 'insmod sb io=0x220 irq=9
dma=1' The problem I  had was that I didn't realize the insmod needed the io and
dma parameters, in addition to the IRQ. I still have no idea why this was
causing windows to hang on reboot, but that problem seems to have gone away w/
this solution.

I can then issue the 3 commands below, and the ethernet card seems to be
configured as expected. My question now is how do I make these configurations
take effect at boot time so I don't need to do this by hand every time?
thanks,
--
arnie sherman
frenomulax at bigfoot.com

"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now, only much, much better."
   - Laurie Anderson