[lug] Corel Linux

Howell, Jeff S HowelJS at LOUISVILLE.STORTEK.COM
Wed Nov 17 15:13:41 MST 1999

Anybody tried this out yet?
I did last night and while the installation was pretty and easy. After the
first reboot, it went chernobyl.
X was really broken. I fought with it for an hour without getting even a
failsafe desktop up. XF86Setup refused to run.
when I manually specified XF86_VGA16 servers (or any other server) it
complained that fonts were missing.
There was nothing in place for manually installing packages if you're not
familiar with Debian. I did notice a few things tho that corel did nicely.
The boot manager was well done as well. It detected my Network card
automatically and tried to come up in DHCP.
I wish I could have seen the KDE enhancements they made. Oh Well.
I eventually erased it and went back to my good old Slackware 7.

Jeff Howell
EDS Unix Support
PowerBak Administrator

Why Windows NT Server 4.0 continues to exist in the enterprise
would be a topic appropriate for an investigative report in the field of
psychology or marketing, not an article on information technology.
  --John Kirsh  Kirsh Consulting.
   http://www.unix-vs-nt.org/kirch/