[lug] Realtek-based NICs

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Fri Jan 28 11:19:55 MST 2000

I have a box with a RTL8139 card and I suspect that it's the cause of major
instability on it. The box just randomly locks up every 3-4 days. I am
planning on changing to a Dec Tulip based card 21143. From looking at the
source code for the RTL8139 driver, the chip is really poorly designed and
you are not going to get much in the way of performance out of it.

Personally, I won't buy another...

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: 303 438 9585