[lug] Linux Event!! (fwd)

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Thu Feb 3 17:35:41 MST 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 13:29:34 -0700
From: Cara George <cara at sgi.com>
To: "'wallen at boulder.nist.gov'" <wallen at boulder.nist.gov>
Cc: Cara George <cara at sgi.com>, Terry Usry <terryu at sgi.com>
Subject: Linux Event!!

Hi Wayde,

My name is Cara George and I work in marketing for SGI (formerly Silicon
Graphics).  I have attached an invite to an upcoming Linux event that we
will be hosting in Boulder.  I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting
this to the Boulder LUG.  When is the next meeting?  We would like to
provide flyers.

Thanks,
Cara
303.713.2871

Join us for SGI's LINUX UNIVERSITY - Encore!

Thursday February 24, 2000
3:00pm  - 5:30pm
Regal Harvest House Hotel
Boulder

Whether you're a technical end user or an IS/IT decision maker, invite your
colleagues and come to SGI's Linux University Encore, a FREE event, on
Thursday, February 24, 2000, from 3:00pm to 5:30pm, to learn more about this
emerging operating system, culture and the importance of Linux to your
organization.

AGENDA:
3:00- Registration & Welcome -  Beverages and Hors d'oeuvres provided!

3:15 - 4:15pm - Software Development Tools on Linux
This presentation is intended as a high level view of our development tools
strategy over time, examining our positioning and strategy on MIPS Irix and
Linux for both IA32 and IA64.

4:30 - 5:20pm - Graphics on Linux - Open GL and Performer
This session will cover a number of graphics technologies that are
instrumental in establishing Linux as a professional graphical environment
and desktop operating system.  The technologies that will be discussed
include OpenGL as the premier 3D graphics rendering API, and IRIS Performer,
SGI's high-performance toolkit used for building everything from flight
simulators to virtual reality theme-parks.

WHERE:
Regal Harvest House Hotel
1345 28th Street
Boulder, CO

DIRECTIONS:
>From Denver
Take 1-25 North out of Denver
Exit on Highway 36
Upon arrival in Boulder, Hwy 36 turns into 28th Street, the hotel in on the
west side of the street
between Colorado and Arapahoe

>From Longmont
Take Hwy 119 to Boulder
On outskirts of Boulder, choose to remain on Foothills Parkway (veer to
left)
Follow Foothills Parkway to Araphahoe Ave, turn right on Arapahoe go to 28th
Street turn left
Take an immediate right (into the Safeway shopping center)
Hotel is on the west side of 28th

>From Nederland and Mountain Communities
Take Hwy 119 to Boulder
Upon arrival in Boulder, Hwy 119 turns into Canyon Blvd.
Take Canyon to 28th Street, turn right
Take first right after Arapahoe (turn lane to Safeway shopping center)
Hotel is on the west side of 28th

Seating is limited, so register today at cara at denver.sgi.com or call
303.796.0022.

Cara George