[lug] DSL in Denver?

Chris M chrism at peakpeak.com
Fri Feb 4 19:08:15 MST 2000

Kyle Moore spaketh thusly:

>I checked with them. I talked to a rep there who dumped me off to some
>other company. That company said they could give me 128K DSL for like
>$100 a month. I'm bummed because I actually checked USWest's site when
>we were looking at places. One of the appealing parts of this house over
>a few others was DSL and possibly cable in the near future. It actually
>turns out I can't get either. I hate depending on other
>people/companies.

This is 144K IDSL, and we also have it available.  You think
$100/month is too much for a dedicated connection to the Internet?  I
think we've all gotten a little spoiled and overly cost-sensitive.

I don't know what your time is worth, but assume you use a modem to
log in 2 times a day, so 60 times a month, and it takes one minute
each time for your stupid modem to negotiate.

You just spent one hour of $$.

Not sure what you're paying yourself per hour these days, but I know
what I get :)  $100 or $130/month is a clean breakeven or better
anytime for the typical knowledge professional (with loaded
overhead).

And I don't know about you, but my leisure time is worth even more
than job time.

We haven't even factored in modem speed v. DSL speed issues here.
That just blows the decision on whether to spend for DSL out of the
water.

<plug>
Look for an announcement regarding new DSL services soon from PkPk.</plug>

Chris
Peak to Peak Internet