[lug] vi/vim HOWTO, part 2

Ken Scott kscott-list at pcisys.net
Tue Apr 4 13:32:59 MDT 2000

In vim, you can use it's built-in help files for more information.

:h ai  :: This will get you more information about autoindent. The quoted
words in there ('smartindent' 'cindent') can be double-clicked to find
more info

:h syntax OR :h highlight will get you to information about syntax
highlighting. The quick tutorial:

type :syn on in vim, and syntax highlighting will work.

Don't forget that you need to either have a .vimrc file, or type :set nocp
to turn off strict vi-compatibility.

HTH,
Ken

--
><>   Ken Scott   kscott at pcisys.net   http://www.pcisys.net/~kscott

              This is the day that the Lord has made;
              I will rejoice and be glad in it!          -- Psalm 118:24