[lug] X problem

Aaron Hayden Aaron.Hayden at Colorado.EDU
Fri Apr 21 20:27:30 MDT 2000

I had the same problem with my machine.  It turned out that a temp directory
X was writing to was filling up as the window system started.  It was the
common /tmp if I recall, and I had left a program spitting mpeg files into
it.  This might be completely unrelated as the computer you have is brand
new (and I'm no X wizard), but that is my experience.