[lug] Ipchains, Port Forwarding, and DNS

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at keepthetouch.org
Tue Sep 12 12:16:06 MDT 2000

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 10:08:08AM -0600, Michael Deck wrote:
> Thanks for your note and your offer of help. Off the topic a bit, let me
> ask: how do I read these .ems files that are in your posts? I'm reading
> mail using Eudora on Windoze. It complains about an unreadable attachment.
> I can suck the attachment into Notepad and paste it into my reply, but then
> I lose quoting. I don't know if there are others out there that this
> happens to, but your posts and those of a couple others, while undoubtedly
> worthwhile, rarely get read by me because of this. Is there a plug-in?

I wish I knew what was the definite cause of it. Very likely, it's due to my
signing each message with GnuPG. Getting the pgp plugin for Windows should
allow it to work flawlessly for you, I think.  You can download it at
http://web.mit.edu/network/pgp-form.html

If that fails, let me know, and we'll work some more on it.

> As far as line-wrapping, let's chalk it up to personal preference. I prefer

Fair enough answer. I do have the option of long line wrapping, but it looks
uglier on my screen, which is why I asked. No harm done, though, either way.

> ><file://F:\EMAIL\attach\Re [lug] Ipchains, Port Forwar.ems <0880.0002>>

I see what you mean now, but haven't seen it before. Try the PGP plugin, and
let me know how it goes. BTW, the attachment should just be a digital
signature from me. That should be easily checkable after this coming meeting,
hopefully :)

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 4E724A60        My Public Key Available At: wwwkeys.pgp.net