[lug] Oh crap, he's got another idea...

PC Drew drewpc at colorado.edu
Thu Sep 21 11:10:37 MDT 2000

Okay, I've got another idea.  Feel free to run away right now.

There are a lot of projects out there that I personally think are
really great projects (i.e. OpenBSD, PHP, Apache, Samba, etc) and
would like to contribute to.  Unfortunately, being a college student,
don't have a lot of disposable income.  What would everyone think
about, once a month during our meetings, sending around a donation
basket (yes, like in church) and using that money to either send to a
project that we'd select each month or use it to buy hardware that
they need/want.

My $5 or $10 ain't gonna go anywhere...but what about 100 people's $5
or $10??

Thoughts, concerns, cheap shots, one-liners?  Okay, I'll shut up now
:)

--
PC Drew

  "I lived through the IPO Rush of '99"