[lug] LILO becomes LI...

KoolMan koolman at h2net.net
Wed Nov 15 12:36:03 MST 2000

Sounds like the problem is that you didn't create a /boot directory that is
located on the fist 1024 blocks of your Hard Drive..

To view the "Contents" of the 1024 partition is to run fdisk -l /dev/hda
(for instance) not sure exacty how you have linux installed.. but this kind
of a problem normaly happens when you have a dual boot system and you
installed both OSes on the same Hard Drive or something like this and linux
is installed on after the fists 1024 blocks of the HD.. then you're gonna
need partitioning software like Parition Magic and actually move your data
back (not sure how else to explain this but that's how the Graphical Part of
Partition Magic works and move it back so about 10MB of free space appears
at the begining of the disk and then when you install linux you're gonna
have to mount /boot to that 10MB partiton that you created using Parition
Magic.. this is just a stab in the dark as to what's going on I've
experienced this problem before..

Brian Carpio - MCP + I, MCSE, SCSA, (working on RedHat Certification just
wait hehehe)