[lug] Announcement: Automatic mailing list archiving

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Nov 27 14:40:35 MST 2000

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 09:36:24AM -0700, Atkinson, Chip wrote:
>Is Qmail strictly necessary?  I looked at your instructions and all it
>appears to do is pipe the message(s) through the autoarch script.   Could
>this not be done by procmail too?

Probably, but it does require the "LOCAL" environment variable to be set
to something like "user-autoarch-archname", where "archname" is the
make of the archive that will be created.  This is qmail-style extension
addresses.  I believe sendmail has the capability to do something
similar, only with "+" in the address.  I'm not sure that Sendmail
communicates that information to any sub-processes though...

Sean
--
 "Action...  Romance...  Welding...  That movie has everything."
                 -- Evelyn Mitchell speaking about _Subway_, 1998