[lug] I-openers and Linux

Bonnell, Doug DBonnell at BreeceHill.com
Tue Nov 28 13:23:34 MST 2000

For those who might be interested....

The I-openers at CircuitCity appear to be classified as a
notebook computer, so a $100 rebate is in effect thru
this Saturday. The after rebate price would be $199.

Linux does run on these machines, I have a minimal
RedHat 6.2 on one I-opener and I've placed the
kernel available from the Linux Terminal Server Project
on the 16Mb flash 'disk' as well. I plan on also doing
some tinkering with the 'Jailbait' mini distro that also
fits on the flash disk.

I have access to a programmer, so anyone who needs
the BIOS re-flashed to support booting a hard drive, please
contact me.

Regards,
Doug Bonnell
BreeceHill Technologies Inc.