[lug] XWin Problems

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jan 3 00:56:32 MST 2001

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 03:12:44PM -0700, David Morris wrote:
>As there is no error message anywhere, just generic unresponsiveness,
>I am at a loss as to where to begin.  Any Suggestions?

Remove the sound card and try then.  You may also want to try changing
the *ORDER* of the cards in the PCI slots.  Tyan motherboards have
seemed to be the most prone to requiring this, but I've also seen it
on ABit boards.  Problems with resource allocation can go away
because of changes in the order of the cards.

You probably should look for a BIOS update for your motherboard as
well.  Though flashing a BIOS can result in a dead board...

Are you SURE there's not an interrupt conflict?  What IRQ/IO is your
sound card listed as being on?

Sean
--
 Bush-supporters used physical violence to stop a recount required
 by Florida law.