[lug] VMWare and LILO configuration

Shannon Johnston nunar at iws.net
Mon Jan 8 11:21:02 MST 2001

I don't know a work around for VMWare presenting the dual boot option, but
whenever I'm finished working with Win98 I just hit the suspend button. It
effectively suspends the guest OS and you can even shut down the machine
and when you need Windows again, just resume. It picks up everything where
it left off. Even Network connections!
The only time I'm forced to reboot VMWare is when something goes seriously
wrong. It recovers fine from blue-screens.

Not exactly a wonderful solution, but a suitable work-around?

Shannon Johnston