[lug] ISP suggestions, Louisville broadband?

Ronald Kumon kumon at boulder.nist.gov
Wed Jan 31 11:03:38 MST 2001

I'm new to the area, and I wanted to get some recommendations for an
ISP.  Right now I just need a basic dialup service, shell account, email
address, and small web site.  I may want to do DSL later.  Of course,
Linux-friendly is a plus.

This leads to my next question.  I'll be moving to Louisville soon, and
there does not seem to be a broadband option where I'll be (near the rec
center).  Comcast said that they don't offer cable modems yet, but
hopes to roll out services in late spring/early summer.  Qwest tested the
line, said that service wasn't available, but indicated that they too hope
to start DSL service at an unspecified future date.  Does anyone know more
about either of these possibilities?  Are there other options?  Thanks.
--Ron Kumon