[lug] mount cdrom (fs types)

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Fri Feb 2 12:44:17 MST 2001

> I don't believe you have to mount the CD for Windows installation under
> Win4Lin.  I think I have done it both ways, mounted or unmounted.

It tried to mount the CD for me (Win4Lin).

> Specifically here's what I did to get windows installed under win4lin.
> Under Windows, format/s a: to make a bootable floppy.

The instructions they give are different but maybe that's a Win95 vs 98
issue?

www.netraverse.com/products/win4lin/docs/Win4Lin-2.0_Install.php#installing-windows

> Start the installation from Win4Lin by putting the boot floppy in the floppy
> drive, put the CD in the drive (I didn't mount it IIRC), follow the prompts
> given by Win4Lin and start installing W95 (for me).  I was surprised that I
> didn't have to worry about CD rom drivers like I have in the past when I
> tried to install just W95 from that CD.

Hmmm. Now I can't find my Win95 CD.

I'm in and it's looking for setup.exe but HP's (Win98) CD doesn't have
one. Just a startup.img.

Thanks,

John