[lug] Java Applet

Kyle Moore kmoore at trustamerica.com
Thu Mar 8 11:51:34 MST 2001

Jim McMaster wrote:

> Could you send the current time from the server along with the applet?  If
> you then get the time from the browser platform and compute a difference as
> soon as the applet started, that difference could be used to recompute the
> server clock time pretty closely whenever you needed it later.
> --
> Jim McMaster
> mailto:mcmaster at falcon.stortek.com

I was thinking of something like this. What I wasn't sure of is if the
delay in the applet being served to the time it starts running would be
significant. Since I haven't done too much with java, I was trying to
find out a way that would work before investing all the time in writing
it.

Thanks for the input.

-Kyle